Job Title: Children’s Ministry Leader (ages pre-school to school year 6)
Responsible to: Line Manager and Elders
Location: Bromham Baptist Church, Bromham, Bedfordshire
Post: Part-time (2.5 days per week)
Salary: £10,000 per annum
Deadline: Friday 28th February 2020
For more information or to receive an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01234 822681
Bromham Baptist Church is a friendly fellowship, meeting at the centre of a rural and commuter community. The Church is evangelical and charismatic with a strong desire to reach the community for Christ.
The MISSION of Bromham Baptist Church is:
"To the glory of God, the salvation of Bromham and beyond".
The VISION of Bromham Baptist Church is to be a fellowship of Christ followers who:
- GATHER under the leadership of the Holy Spirit for worship, fellowship and equipping
- GROW through the work of the Holy Spirit to be mature disciples of Christ
- GIVE by the direction of the Holy Spirit of our time, treasure and talents
- GO in the power of the Holy Spirit to share the Good News of Jesus
We are committed to fulfilling the vision for the church in a relevant way in the 21st century.
1 To help children in our fellowship to grow in their faith and to help others who are not yet involved in the Church to explore the Christian faith.
2 To lead and take part in initiatives to reach out to children in the community in Bromham and the surrounding villages.
Church based activities – Children:
- Provide vision, strategy, and development for all Children’s Ministries (ages pre-school to school year 6)
- To encourage our children in their personal relationship with God through weekly worship, small groups, daily Bible reading and prayer.
- To help our children to live out the Gospel wherever they are so that they reflect the goodness of Jesus to others.
- To help our children to discover their gifts and talents so that they might be released in areas of ministry within our church.
- To encourage children to take an active role in church life and worship.
- Work alongside and encourage parents, carers and grandparents
Outreach activities – Children:
- To bring the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in a relevant way to the children in the local community.
- To develop and implement strategies for outreach to children in Bromham and surrounding area.
- To encourage our children to outreach to their peers within Bromham and the surrounding area.
- To work within local schools, both to encourage Christian children and to engage with and reach out to the un-churched.
Outreach activities - Community:
These activities seek to bring the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in a relevant way to the local community.
- To lead the Ministry Area and develop existing programmes (such as KingZone, All:Starz, Shuffle and Shake, Mess and Music, etc… ).
- To work with the Ministry Leader for Local Mission and Youth:
- To develop and implement new strategies for outreach to those with little or no contact with the church.
- To develop ways to bridge the gap from outreach into church family.
- Ministry Leader for children.
- To encourage, support and strengthen volunteer leaders and helpers.
- To identify potential leaders.
- To work effectively with the Elders, other Ministry Leaders and administrators as a member of the Staff Team.
- To fulfil all Staff Team commitments and meetings as requested by the Associate Minister.
- To maintain a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To be and continue to
- be an active member of Bromham Baptist Church
- accept the Beliefs in its Constitution and
- be committed to its mission and vision.
- To be a committed member of a Discipleship Group.
- To model discipleship that encourages, builds and equips others to become disciples of Christ.
Bromham Baptist Church Responsibilities
- Encourage, pray and support you in your role.
- The Associate Minister will be your Line Manager.
- Pay a salary commensurate with the role and your experience.
- Provide office facilities within the Church premises.
- Provide further training as appropriate and agreed with the Line Manager.
- Reimburse the cost of expenses incurred in the execution of your duties.
- Reimburse the cost of attendance at appropriate conferences, as agreed with the Line Manager.